Job Description – Backup Support Technician II and III (Backup Engineer/Architect)
Reporting to the DPS Enterprise Manager, this individual will be responsible for supporting A leading firm’s Managed Service customers focusing on Backup and Data Protection technologies. This role includes monitoring, administration and customer support of customers Data Protection infrastructure. This role is for someone who has a genuine passion in all areas of technology and strong desire to learn. To be successful, you will need to provide quality architecture, administration and customer support of technologies implemented across a broad range of environments. This demanding role brings with it exposure to leading edge technologies and gaining invaluable experience with the industry shift to cloud and managed services over traditional on-premise solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Enterprise Backup and Data Protection technology administration including leading backup software, near line disk, replication and tape libraries.
- Academic qualifications may include an AS or higher degree in Information Technology (IT) or related subject.
- Recent experience administering all aspects of Veritas NetBackup including appliance hardware. Related certifications a plus.
- Recent experience with EMC DataDomain Appliances in a multi-directional replication configuration.
- Experienced with performing Disaster Recovery of NetBackup environment.
- Working knowledge of HPUX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), VMware and Windows Server from a data protection and troubleshooting perspective.
- Experience and confidence with systematic troubleshooting that includes issue identification and assessment along with resolution research, testing, and implementation
- Experience documenting, managing, and escalating customer support cases until issue resolution
- Experience and confidence with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, comprehend, and explain product documentation to customers.
- Recent experience with any of the following technologies: HPUX, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), EMC NetWorker, Veritas NetBackup, Veeam, SolarWinds, VMware vSphere, APTARE, Windows Server and Group Policy and Active Directory
- Experience with EMC NetWorker or other leading backup technology a plus.
- Experience with CRM and Call Center systems from a support agent perspective, actively fielding level 1 and 2 customer support calls.
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center (NOC) providing an understanding of related technologies to provide proactive monitoring and alerting of infrastructure.
- Recent experience working in a IT call center support environment using multiple channels of customer communication is a plus
- Experience or an interest in writing/updating IT policies and practices.
- Experience in creating and maintaining knowledgebase articles.
- Experience working with an SSAE 16 SOC compliant organization.
- Strong customer service skills that are evident through written and oral communication
- An attention to detail and following detailed process flows and troubleshooting trees
- Ability to approach projects methodically and plan workload and to work with a high level of accuracy while under pressure
Start date: March 2016
Location: Lexington MA
Salary: Highly competitive subject to experience
Role: Full time position
Benefits: 401k with company match, medical, dental, vision, expenses
If you are interested in applying for this job please contact us.