Job Description – Backup Support Technician I (Backup Administrator/Engineer)
Reporting to the DPS Enterprise Manager, this individual will be responsible for supporting A leading firm’s, Managed Service and Cloud solutions, infrastructure and customers. This role includes monitoring, administration and customer support of backup and disaster recovery offerings. This is a role for someone who has a genuine passion in all areas of technology and strong desire to learn. To be successful, you will need to provide quality administration and customer support of technologies implemented across a broad range of environments. This demanding role brings with it exposure to both leading edge technologies and gaining invaluable experience with the industry shift to cloud and managed services over traditional on-premise solutions.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with Enterprise Backup and Data Protection technology administration including leading backup software, near line disk, replication and tape libraries.
- Academic qualifications may include classes, degrees or related experience in the Information Technology (IT) industry.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of data protection, backup and Disaster Recovery
- Recent experience with any of the following technologies: HPUX, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), EMC NetWorker, Veritas NetBackup, Veeam, Zerto, SolarWinds, VMware vSphere, APTARE, Windows Server and Group Policy and Active Directory
- Experience and confidence with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, comprehend, and explain product documentation to customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform systematic troubleshooting that includes issue identification and assessment along with resolution research, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrate the ability in documenting, managing, and escalating customer support cases until issue resolution
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup, BackupExec, EMC NetWorker or other leading backup technology a plus.
- Experience with CRM and Call Center systems from a support agent perspective, actively fielding level 1 and 2 customer support calls.
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center (NOC) providing an understanding of related technologies to provide proactive monitoring and alerting of infrastructure.
- Recent experience working in a IT call center support environment using multiple channels of customer communication is a plus
- Experience or an interest in writing/updating IT policies and practices.
- Experience in creating and maintaining knowledgebase articles.
- Experience working with an SSAE 16 SOC compliant organization.
- Strong customer service skills that are evident through written and oral communication
- An attention to detail and following detailed process flows and troubleshooting trees
- Ability to approach projects methodically and plan workload and to work with a high level of accuracy whilst under pressure
Start date: March 2016
Location: Lexington MA
Salary: Highly competitive subject to experience
Role: Full time position
Benefits: 401k with company match, medical, dental, vision, expenses
If you are interested in applying for this job please contact us.